Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

The car change vote [D3S or Ivory/HL]

VOTE  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Swap to d3s or not

• Stay with Ivory and Homelife, remove the scripts and get rid/replace the high poly vehicles
    • Swap to D3S, optimize them as much as we can

• Founder

Hi everyone, so its been about 2 weeks since 3.0 release and we're looking at the community opinion on the new cars. Currently we have Ivory cars and Homelife cars, these cars are causing a bit of lag on the server due to the scripts they run (Ivory) and the poly count (Homelife).

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU VOTE!

We have two options

Option 1: Stay with Ivory and Homelife, remove the scripts and get rid/replace the high poly vehicles
Option 2: Swap to D3S, optimize them as much as you can

Pros and Cons of Option 1:
Pros:
Ivory cars without scripts are very well optimized and will cause the least lag
Ivory and Homelife bring different cars then everyone is use too
Ivory and Homelife cars speed wise are well optimized and there are no cars that can really get away from you.
Cons:
Homelife has similar polycount to D3S but less quality
Will never be able to get new cars (d3s is still making cars ivory and homelife are not)
Ivory cars will need scripts removed if we keep them, the scripts are the best part (radar, horn, lights and sirens)

Pros and Cons of Option 2:
Pros:
Huge variety of cars, trucks and more
New cars every week
Very nice and high quality looking cars
Over time we can optimize the cars
We can edit majority of the cars in source to be able to optimize them
Cons:
D3s cars are high poly and will cause FPS lag in large numbers
Less cop options to start off (will start with CVPI, Charger and Tahoe as we're removing the d3s lightbar due to it being a lag but will add more cop cars over time)
D3s cars don't have cool scripts like ivory
There is the chance the FPS will be worse by 5-10 than it currently is (not 100% just can't know until we try, I suspect the removal of ivory will equal the increase in poly from d3s so there will be no d3s change. There could even be an increase)
Modpack will be 23-25gb instead of 20 which is pretty big. We will try reduce it overtime though I am suspecting after all the stuff we don't use is removed to have a 21/22gb mod pack.
Will take longer to load the modpack

Full D3S Showcase

• Like 4
  • Developer

D3S have more variety, which makes them more enjoyable due to such a diversity. With the ability to make some cars rare and also having more in general will make it more like real life. While also adding a sense of normality because usually there is a lot of different cars especially in the police force.

• Like 4

AnzusGaming2.jpg.460a571ccd23842cf245fe6f3d34deae.jpg
| Ex-Head Administrator 🤴 | OG Member 👴 | Retired Staff 🚩Honoured Member🤵 | Plonker Professional 🛠️ |

Post A Suggestion | Report A Player | Request Compensation | Appeal A Punishment | Apply For Staff |

Iroh13.png.7733883268615e93e1ac5c9463e0cb72.png

I see a lot of potential for d3s vehicles. The one thing I’m not seeing is a lot of variety when it comes to police vehicles. I don’t think I saw anything for EMS/Fire but I’m sure that’s subject to change. The one thing I’m worried about in my mind is the mass sell that’s probably going to be ordered, are the prices going to be original market value? Meaning full refunds? Or depreciated values? Yea.. lots of questions. And there are some really sexy looking high value vehicles In there. I seen a rolls Royce phantom, how are these vehicles going to be priced? I was thinking of some sort of loan system (not direct cash loans, but a car loan system which only allows you to spend against a vehicle, with periodic repayment options. But what if you can’t pay up? That adds up to another civilian job? Repo jobs? Once a cars repossessed it’s removed from the lendees garage?

I think there needs to be a compromise with the scripts on the PD cars removing them entirely will make cop gameplay sleeper af.

The car scripts are the only thing that has really been better or changed for cop gameplay so far in 3.0 as Class 3s are so accessible to have constantly within a week to anyone who grinds even a little so pistol play was dead pretty fast. 

Whether we change to DS3 or not, I think at minimum the Code 1, Code 2, Code 3 and Takedown/instant turning on and off of the sirens should be kept.

I also think the unmarked DS3 cop cars looked sorta crappy and were REALLY obvious to civs compared to the Ivory ones. People could recognize an unmarked car’s light bar pretty easily whereas the unmarked Ivory cars are much subtler in comparison(Not sure if its possible to look into this and possibly request customized DS3 models if some cops are willing to donate to cover the costs or something? I know that I would be willing to donate for something like that.)

Edited by Jayden Wolfe
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Founder
1 minute ago, Jayden Wolfe said:

I think there needs to be a compromise with the scripts on the PD cars removing them entirely will make cop gameplay sleeper af.

The car scripts are the only thing that has really been better or changed for cop gameplay so far in 3.0 as Class 3s are so accessible to have constantly within a week to anyone who grinds even a little so pistol play was dead pretty fast. 

Whether we change to DS3 or not, I think at minimum the Code 1, Code 2, Code 3 and Takedown/instant turning on and off of the sirens should be kept.

I also think the unmarked DS3 cop cars looked sorta crappy and were REALLY obvious to civs compared to the Ivory ones. People could recognize an unmarked car’s light bar pretty easily whereas the unmarked Ivory cars are much subtler in comparison(Not sure if its possible to look into this and possibly request customized DS3 models if some cops are willing to donate to cover the costs or something? I know that I would be willing to donate for something like that.)

We can add the radar system without the speed following the car very easily with no lag. We plan to add a scroll wheel light bar and scroll wheel code 3 on the D3S cop cars to make it similar to ivory. With doing the new lightbar means new undercover lightbars.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

We can add the radar system without the speed following the car very easily with no lag. We plan to add a scroll wheel light bar and scroll wheel code 3 on the D3S cop cars to make it similar to ivory. With doing the new lightbar means new undercover lightbars.

That sounds pretty good, is it possible to keep them as hotkeys like they are without causing lag? I’d take scroll wheel but would rather avoid using it as the scroll wheel takes time and requires you to actually stop and focus on it while driving compared to just hitting 3 keys to switch your codes. It’s also just clunky to use under any stress/tension sometimes.

Edited by Jayden Wolfe
  • Founder
1 minute ago, Jayden Wolfe said:

That sounds pretty good, is it possible to keep them as hotkeys like they are without causing lag? I’d take scroll wheel but would rather avoid using it as the scroll wheel takes time and requires you to actually stop and focus on it while driving compared to just hitting 3 keys to switch your codes. It’s also just clunky to use under any stress/tension.

Yes