Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

One Issue - One Solution

The Issue: 

Medics drive to a situation only to have cops revive the other cops and cut your roleplay/paycheck in half.

My Solution: 

5.3 - Police must call the fire rescue to revive anyone they've shot and incapacitated, ........

Expanded to:

5.3 - Police must call the fire rescue to revive anyone incapacitated, .....

Expand rule 5.3 to apply not just to civilians that cops incapacitate, but to cops that are incapacitated by civilians too.

If a medic is on scene, your first reaction after being revived and released from medical custody should not be sprinting to your other downed cop buddies to revive them.

*Edit: With proper communication this in no way should result in more cops bleeding out.

Edited by Todd Patts
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
9 minutes ago, Todd Patts said:

The Issue: 

Medics drive to a situation only to have cops revive the other cops and cut your roleplay/paycheck in half.

My Solution: 

5.3 - Police must call the fire rescue to revive anyone they've shot and incapacitated, ........

Expanded to:

5.3 - Police must call the fire rescue to revive anyone incapacitated, .....

Expand rule 5.3 to apply not just to civilians that cops incapacitate, but to cops that are incapacitated by civilians too.

If a medic is on scene, your first reaction after being revived and released from medical custody should not be sprinting to your other downed cop buddies to revive them.

I always try and wait for EMS but sometimes they are across the map or take way longer than they say and Ive had cops bleed out because of this. So at this point if I feel like thats starting to happen I will rev them rather than let them bleed out. Its basically fail RP for a cop to willingly let a fellow officer bleed out when they have the means to save them. There's also the fact that additional gang members may have been driving there to respond as backup so having some cops up while its code 4 before that pops off kinda makes a big difference.

Civs have no restrictions for revving their friends or anyone for that matter, so its unreasonable to place a black and white rule on us regarding this. However, with that being said, I do agree that officers should always try and get EMS first and if its taking too long, or you have reason to believe reinforcements may be coming, or any other factors that put your life in danger, or will mean the officers wont be revved, try asking them on freq for permission to rev so they dont bleed out. Ive seen them pretty much always say yes when I do. This avoids tensions.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Jayden Wolfe said:

I always try and wait for EMS but sometimes they are across the map or take way longer than they say and Ive had cops bleed out because of this. So at this point if I feel like thats starting to happen I will rev them rather than let them bleed out. Its basically fail RP for a cop to willingly let a fellow officer bleed out when they have the means to save them. There's also the fact that additional gang members may have been driving there to respond as backup so having some cops up while its code 4 before that pops off kinda makes a big difference.

Civs have no restrictions for revving their friends or anyone for that matter, so its unreasonable to place a black and white rule on us regarding this. However, with that being said, I do agree that officers should always try and get EMS first and if its taking too long, or you have reason to believe reinforcements may be coming, or any other factors that put your life in danger, or will mean the officers wont be revved, try asking them on freq for permission to rev so they dont bleed out. Ive seen them pretty much always say yes when I do. This avoids tensions.

This wouldn't be that big of a 'black and white rule'.  All I'm suggesting is that cops be required to check in with EMS before reviving other cops.  Simply to avoid medics feeling useless at situations where cops are the only ones or the majority of the ones down.

Edit: Just to be sure everyone knows, yes I am lumping all cops together in this suggestion.  Please do not take it personally as I know this is not as widespread of an issue as I may make it out to seem.  The majority of my experiences with cops while playing medic are 10/10.

Edited by Todd Patts
Dont h8 me plz
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The issue: Lots of people breaking rules such as going out of character and interfering with the roleplay of a group just to create a gunfight. (For me personally it takes forever to upload a video and my internet doesn't allow me to play at the same time.)
My solution: Have people from the staff team spectate players in game that way players wouldn't be punished have to wast time reporting another player.

Maybe a different approach on the reserved slots

The issue: To many reserved slots/Not a good system
My solution: Allow reserved slots to start being taken when server is full, or make it so reserved slots get filled by people w/ reserved slots and allow 125 not reserve slot players. Idk if that makes sense but I hope it does.

"What are these things... Binoculars? What do they do?"

DND l NG

Coyote Sulzberger

Coyote#5225

5 hours ago, Tofu Sulzberger said:

The issue: Lag at majors
My solution: See if there is anyway to possibly fix the lag at majors like national, saltwater etc

Maybe move National from the biggest and most laggy city to a less populated area similar to how it was in 2.0

• Like 1

DND l NG

Coyote Sulzberger

Coyote#5225

Idk if its allowed to do two but if any of them gets looked at this should be the one

The issue: To many players who are AFK/ Farming paychecks on cop/ems
My solution: Create a system that automatically kicks anyone who has been stationary or in the loading screen taking up a slot for over 20 mins. This would prevent people from farming paychecks on cop/ems and make it so it frees up slots for people who are trying to connect during prime times. 

• Like 1

DND l NG

Coyote Sulzberger

Coyote#5225

The issue: Purposefully S1ing very expensive Trucks/Luxury cars just to grief, knowing its hard to catch them. This is ruining the server for not just myself but almost anyone else I talk to that does runs or owns a nice vehicle. Its gotten significantly worse lately. Its failrp on so many levels, flat out griefing, and really is impacting players on the server.

My solution: Lower or eliminate the insurance cost, you can raise initial buying prices or something to balance. Or implement a system that reveals players ID's in cars with a key press or statically and press HARSH punishments on players found to be doing this.

• Like 2

Template

Issue: Imo server is too focused on rp involving gangs and doing illegal things and too many gangs and groups are going around robbing, initiating and killing people for fun

Solution: To try to balace out the violence and the gangs, try to give more options to do as a civilian like doing more jobs like a tow truck driver or increase the amount of money you earn from doing legal things since illegal things you prosper more. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor Neal said:

The issue: Lacking in Weapons/Sights
My solution: Take out KA Weapons, and replace it with CUP Weapons possibly, replacing the M4's from NIArms with CUP that cops have access to while mainly keeping weapons like LAR, Jack Carbine, etc. high tier ones and using CUP for everything else. Not to mention the fitting sights, especially the ACOG. Also CUP uniforms for more rebel choices?

CUP things look and sound like absolute garbage, no thanks.

15 hours ago, Derek Lyman said:

The issue: Police can be very limited in their use of force against suspects, and it leads to them (and civilians in general) being taken hostage, injured, or killed.

My solution: Remove the force matching rule. If you intentionally go up to DOC with a glock and start shooting at them, then just like Murray, you get what you fucking deserve. Because most officers have their class 3 out when on patrol or at DOC, they don't have time to switch to a class 1 when being fired at by somebody else with a class 1. Also, gangs can simply have one of their members initiate with a pistol, and while most officers have switched to their handguns, the rest of the gang starts firing with their class 3's and we are damn near powerless to stop them. It shouldn't matter what class of weapon the suspect(s) are using. Lethal force is lethal force, no matter what caliber, and we should be able to respond with whatever we have at our disposal to stop a deadly threat. It's not about being frag-hungry or trigger-happy, we just want to defend ourselves properly without this arbitrary force matching system in place.

+1

• Like 2

Anzus Banner.png

"You miss every shot you don't take, and get taken to support for the ones you do". ~ Unknown\

CTRGG.png.e1feff858c23d75a51be4c1f8ecfb925.png.e9ad3b9c9a9a1d91319ffebc5911bf2d.png.ac78f0d74fd652633cb72a25b45cb9b4.png

The Issue: 

Match of force with police vs civs

My Solution: 

Remove the rule that forces police to match force against civs, this is utter nonsense and gets cops killed all the time because they have to swap weapons the moment they get ambushed.

If you attack a cop, u have to be willing to deal with what they use, not expect them to make it easier cause u decide to use a pistol.

Edited by Jason Matthew
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Jason Matthew said:

The Issue: 

Match of force with police vs civs

My Solution: 

Remove the rule that forces police to match force against civs, this is utter nonsense and gets cops killed all the time because they have to swap weapons the moment they get ambushed.

If you attack a cop, u have to be willing to deal with what they use, not expect them to make it easier cause u decide to use a pistol.

Yeah this rule results in a lot of confusion at times. For example: A group of people use pistols which results in cops having to switch to pistols. Then, during the gunfight they switch to their class 3 which results in cops not being able to do anything about it. Also, if you get initiated on behind cover with your class 3 and they have pistols, you would have to get your pistol out of your belt and by then you would most likely be dead. In my opinion of how everything is at the moment, people are not scared of police like how they should be due to jail times being not as high and sop restrictions etc. It would be cool for someone to look at these small stuff like this issue here and find a way to fix and resolve them.

Edited by Liam Joseph