Teamspeak: 0/150

Purge or Takistan? Community Discussion/Vote

Takistan or Purge before 4.5  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Takistan or Purge before 4.5

• Purge for 1-3 days before 4.5 release
    • Takistan for 1-2 weeks before 4.5 release

• Founder

Hello everyone, I hope the start of your summer is going well and I look forward to start showing everyone the 4.5 update within the next few weeks. We're wanting to release the 4.5 update around the start of July.

One big thing we do before massive updates is do a purge, if you haven't been to a purge before we pretty much give everyone unlimited money, make the top island a redzone, add rpgs, bombs etc to the airdrops. We do this to let everyone let loose and just scrap for a bit. In my experience having the purge go for too long is damaging to the server. After much thought I believe I have come up with the solution and that is a pop-up Takistan server, this means that we will do 1-2 days of Purge on Kings Peaks and do events/roleplay that will point towards evacuating to Takistan. 

Takistan servers have been very popular in the past, if you aren't aware what a Takistan server is like I suggest looking it up on youtube, its pretty hectic but its a different environment. 

The idea would be to have the Takistan server up for a week or two depending on what the community want and this is how it would be

SERT/MSRT would be NATO

AST/CG would be TMP

Medics would be UN

Mafia/Gangsters would be whitelisted terrorists

It would be very combat heavy with RPGS, Pawnees, LMGS and more.

The goal in the Takistan server would be to create a similar environment as purge to let loose a bit but also try something new as I know a lot of people have wanted to play several Takistan servers that have come up over the past years but the owners have been ddosers/doxxers/hackers so they avoid it.

If you're a roleplayer Takistan isn't probably for you but its nearly a completely different game mode and might be fun to try out even if its just for a day or two.

By doing Takistan it would allow the developers to focus full force on 4.5 (which we pretty much are which is why there haven't been any updates)

If you're not keen on Takistan please voice your opinion in the comments and people please do not hound people if they don't agree with your opinion.

Please keep the comments productive, not just +1 (use the poll for that)

• Like 11
  • HYPERS 2
  • HYPERCLAP 1

As someone who has played on Takistan for upwards of 1k hours, please vote takistan, this will be an AMAZING change from Kings Peaks, and will allow us all to enjoy something a little more laid back and enjoyable. Takistan is AMAZING. 

• Like 9

Ex-Special Operations Major

Florida State Police

Discord - Firewar#1302

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!

BRING TAKISTAN!!! BROOO

Edited by Loxxon Shepherd
  • Like 1
  • PepeDance 1

|Adam Wolf~Loxxon Husky|Ex-Playboys Member|Ex-Asylum Solider|Anzus Staff Member|

|3 Years of Service Within ANZUS Police|KSP CRT Officer, CPL|KCSO-Academy & DOC SGT|KCRS Senior Volunteer

|Homeland Security Agent - Senior Trooper|Border Patrol|Trooper's Academy Member|DAO-Prosecutor|

|Support Staff|Anzus Veteran|Jedi Master Member| Government Secretary

kaZBNAs.thumb.png.acd92d9bfd99478924872dbc82c8cc55.png8jyEaGx.thumb.png.8affdaed035945a0b29678c705737469.png

TAKI #1

thot.png.69d96cb287658b3cb8312cee53508bb4.png          

Tariq #1||Loves Vacations| Seagull                                                   

free.png.be886f5c8bc4a54c0069db7ae121147a.png

kicked from every spec ops😎

I 100% support Takistan server after seeing many purges die rapidly. Purge sounds fun and is but loses its muster very quickly in my opinion. I would definitely put more into takistan vs purge, personally. 

And NGL after being cooped up with Mafia and very little to no gang activity for a long time I'm a bit biased and wanna be a terrorist and blow some of you fucks up!

Edited by Pug Winter
  • PogU 1
  • PepeDance 1

Vote Taki or you're dead

• EZ 2

CTRG

SWAT SGT
DiPinto | Divinity | KSP SWAT | LDSO | AST | KCSO | Patrol Sgt
Ghost MacTavish                                                                                                                                       Discord ID: MacTavish#1548

Matt.jpeg.2d374f4849efae231f186a26da5620d6.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

Mafia/Gangsters would be whitelisted terrorists

It would be very combat heavy with RPGS, Pawnees, LMGS and more.

The goal in the Takistan server would be to create a similar environment as purge to let loose a bit but also try something new as I know a lot of people have wanted to play several Takistan servers that have come up over the past years but the owners have been ddosers/doxxers/hackers so they avoid it.

If you're a roleplayer Takistan isn't probably for you but its nearly a completely different game mode and might be fun to try out even if its just for a day or two.

By doing Takistan it would allow the developers to focus full force on 4.5 (which we pretty much are which is why there haven't been any updates)

If you're not keen on Takistan please voice your opinion in the comments and people please do not hound people if they don't agree with your opinion.

This sounds like an interesting idea. If this is just for a couple days it would be really cool to allow players to blow off some steam and really scrap with people who they have beef with :)

Edited by Gordo Stoli

Personally I'm not a big fan of taki life, But I do think it makes the most sense from a community standpoint. We've had quite a few purges in the past and they usually die within a matter of days. While yes they are fun taki would definitely let everyone get there inner terrorist out and then get fully back into RP mode once all the new stuff comes in 4.5. So +1 for taki even though I voted purge at first :D

Edited by Nick Allen

DND | RF | HMT | DB | SC 

Ex-Battalion Chief of EMS

• Developer

I do think we should do taki, we have done purge many times before, and it will be done this time too. But also with a twist. Takistan has never been attempted or done on anzus and I think it will be a big change that would be nice to have for many of us. This will allow the development team to grind out updates and work for us and space to test it without worrying about heaps of bug reports. Purge will still happen, might as well have taki on top of that!

• Like 2

AnzusGaming2.jpg.460a571ccd23842cf245fe6f3d34deae.jpg
| Ex-Head Administrator 🤴 | OG Member 👴 | Retired Staff 🚩Honoured Member🤵 | Plonker Professional 🛠️ |

Post A Suggestion | Report A Player | Request Compensation | Appeal A Punishment | Apply For Staff |

Iroh13.png.7733883268615e93e1ac5c9463e0cb72.png

I have been told that my comment was not productive enough so here we go:

I belong to the probably decreasing minority of people who played Takistan Life in Arma 2 OA. In Arma 3 unfortunately I have failed to find any sufficiently good Takistan Life server, back when I started playing. Takistan Life is certainly one of my favourite life settings and honestly combining "kind-of-roleplay" with a very intense combat atmosphere can be a lot of fun, and more entertaining than spawning gear and going haywire RDM'ing people for three days straight(at least in my opinion).

Hope you happy Dougy<3

Edited by Aiden, ADN 🔥
  • feelsbadman 1

image.png.0fd840ded64cb9f275f5dbeaca08d792.png

| Bravo Family 🎩 | Jack Supporter 🍆 Donator and Contributor 💸 |

| Korella Dynamics LTD, Chief Financial Officer Vikin⚔️ |

| Aiden Sparker | ✨ Anno. 2019 ✨ | Al Bravo |

I played the original Arma 2 Takistan Life, no mods needed, Takistan came default with Arma 2. It is very nostalgic for me and many others, I think it shows that "Combat RP" can be fun when done properly. I played on an unwhitelisted server but with whitelisted BLUFOR/OPFOR, I proposed the faction system for it. It went from just a handful of people playing in unwhitelisted BLUFOR/OPFOR slots to packed whitelisted slots all the time, many people working hard to rank up in BLUFOR/OPFOR, joining special forces, training in vehicles and coordinating attacks, airstrikes, as well as events like War, Joint Ops, and martial law. I mainly was on the BLUFOR side but OPFOR had a lot going for it, the corrupt OPFOR Russian south could let drugs go by for a price or straight up execute you, while the US/NATO BLUFOR forces were more like the straight cop faction and played within the rules. Civs could become terrorists and kill cops, go to the Medic or PMC shop and act in those roles, or simply be a straight up civilian. Finally, the Independent group were straight up terrorists, they spawned at a base and would venture either into the BLUFOR North or OPFOR South and go wild. Despite how it may seem, there was a surprising amount of in-character RP, but it was combat RP. There's a difference between unwhitelisted random cops playing versus whitelisted and trained cops who are in a faction and hierarchy, there is a lot of RP involved in that. I want to share with you some Legendary clips from that time

During a war with OPFOR, special forces detonate OPFOR's hangar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emDpvmAEa0Q
Myself when I was an "Executive Senior Admin," also commanding all US/NATO forces, took to the skies with one of my Majors and broadcast some "news" https://youtu.be/3WPZHCW9_jI?t=10
What regular "patrol" cops would do (Army National Guard on that server, entry level like DOC etc.) https://youtu.be/9TJZ6eUxVJw?t=9
Manning Rasman Checkpoint, kind of like the aids of watching DOC gate in 3.0, in this video the OPFOR come to the gate with their jet and some admins screwing around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8sx-IcI3Cg
No fair response numbers! Unequal weapons and firepower compared to OPFOR/BLUFOR, let alone their armor and aircraft! And still destroying cops because of ambush and guerilla tactics https://youtu.be/JoNHHREoOYg?t=23
Sending a message to some civs from another server, where the cops believe in "preserving life" and can never shoot anybody, so we avenge those cops  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Dfm2IhURA
OPFOR and BLUFOR operating in the North during joint operations, the Embassy is taken and they assault it https://youtu.be/ecwdrhmkF8s?t=537
Civs doing a major crime https://youtu.be/RRe1OqXCWr4?t=170
OPFOR and BLUFOR executing war criminals by firing line https://youtu.be/ftBHTQLm2OU?t=253

This screenshot shows how different the experience was from what you might be used to: https://i.imgur.com/izIMUIJ.png

I hope that our Takistan can have awesome memories made too!

• Like 4

Administrator Harvey Armstrong

BAR Certified, ID Number 4010205

Lieutenant (O-3), Judge Advocate General, JAGC, USCG