• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really mind either
  4. 4. Question 4 (Read the thread)

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really mind either

• Founder

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the 4.5 trailer, its only 2/3 of the total update so there is still a lot of cool stuff you guys didn't see there. A few positive things, we got the new box finally sorted and 4.5 testing will commence there this weekend. This will include testing runs, testing new features and more. 

Before every big update we like to do a community vote on several large changes that may effect the community and give people time to voice their words. I highly suggest people read the post and the replies before voting. 

Question 1: Do we want to completely wipe the economy? (this includes literally everything including skills)
DO NOT VOTE BEFORE READING THE THREAD AND REPLIES
My opinion: I believe a wipe is the right thing to do and this is why. We have a lot of EPIC new systems for 4.5 such as the racing system, burglary system and more. If you are doing a new burglary and you already have 50mill in your account then it would not be as cool of an experience and it wouldn't be as intense. The current economy is over 4 billion dollars and majority of active players are sorted. Do we need a wipe to survive till 5.0? No I don't think so but I think people will enjoy the update more in the long run if we do wipe.

Please give your opinion in the comments and vote.

Question 2: Do we want to add back low tier class 3s in rebel and overhaul crafting?

My opinion: I believe that my decision to remove class 3s from Rebel was a mistake. I took a risk and tried to go more roleplay, it worked to begin with and was great for a long period of time. But to help ANZUS retain a higher player-base I believe adding back class 3's to rebel is the answer. In my opinion $65,000 for a Commando is about right for our current economy. Obviously people have put A LOT of time into crafting so if we were to add low tier class 3s back to rebel we would strict low tier class 3s from being able to hold SOST and make it so mid-high tier firearms are what people start to craft/sell a long side SOST/.300 mags. I would also add several vehicles to crafting such as Hummingbirds, Slightly armored/bulletproof cars(not military vehicles, something like a range rover with bullet proof windows that is illegal). Tier 4 car engines is also an idea, like in real life how certain car build are illegal we could make an illegal version of certain car engines which is required to upgrade your car to Tier 4 which if found by Police can get your car seized or something.

Question 3: Do we want to revert the major crime rules back to like it was on Kamdan?

My opinion: Right now major crimes are pretty stale, you start the major... cops come to the front and ask if you have no hostages... if its no its negotiations off and fight. On old Kamdan and early Kings County it use to be 500M KOS from every major unless you had a hostage.

Question 4: Do we want to change the current gang meta and allow for more turf wars?

My opinion: I feel like the current rule set and mindset is restricting us from some good gang on gang RP and that includes combat. My suggestion is to make it so if you are wearing Rebel/Gang attire in the north part of Kings Peaks that any gang member with rebel/gang attire can initiate on you with "No roleplay reason" but if you're a civilian they need a good roleplay reason (such as you didn't pay fees or you robbed their friend). This will allow the people who enjoyed the 3.0 type of gameplay to have that sort of gameplay in 4.5 and it also still protects the people of ANZUS who aren't really into the combat and prefer to stick to the roleplay/runs. 

We will most likely do a second thread of this after the discussions flow in this thread. 

Any sort of toxicity towards other members of the community for their opinion will result an instant permeant ban from ANZUSGaming this includes witch hunting people or shit talking people in private just because of their opinion. No opinion is wrong, no opinion is right its just an opinion. 

• Like 7
  • <3 1

Agree some people have a lot of money, but I just started playing 4.0 like a month ago. Grinding none stop to get racks of GPU's before 4.5 and if a wiped happened I just wouldn't have the drive in me to start the grind again.

Edited by Wilson Bread
  • Like 5

If we do a wipe in 4.5 will that mean everyone that has a outstanding loan with the bank will be paided off and Will we get starter money to start off with, As I feel like question one would be good as everyone would get a apartment to start off with but you have people like parker and mr.five, etc that spent a lot of time working to get that money. I would say question one is up for a big debate. The other questions Seem pretty fair and a good idea, 

• Like 1

Cubano-Sandwiches-FT-RECIPE0823-74063c226c254526ad1130edbe976a91.thumb.jpg.6ae4f0a6b3a018f042d94b5e3c01bb6b.jpg

Im all for the wipe, It would be better in the long run.
And as for class 3's I mean honestly we basically already have them in rebel at this point with how many were on the black market. But this would definitely add back more PVP.

Also for the Kamdan Major Crime. I kinda agree with that but I feel like it should be tweaked a little and just add to the rule that if specified in dispatch that they have a hostage, They should negotiate like normal. Because honestly there is very good RP in negotiations if done right.

Edited by Nick Allen
x

DND | RF | HMT | DB | SC 

Ex-Battalion Chief of EMS

I feel like alot of people would be mad about a wipe for 4.5 because of all the grinding of new players to build up funds and ensure there next gameplay for 4.5 would be backed by the funds they collected but if it does get wiped it'll be easy I'm just wondering if skills and crafting would be wiped

1 minute ago, Justin Casper said:

I feel like alot of people would be mad about a wipe for 4.5 because of all the grinding of new players to build up funds and ensure there next gameplay for 4.5 would be backed by the funds they collected but if it does get wiped it'll be easy I'm just wondering if skills and crafting would be wiped

In a wipe, everything gets wiped which includes cars, homes, perks, and money. Personally, I think a wipe is the best decision since it will allow people, rich or not, to fully experience the new content that 4.5 has to bring. If people already have millions why are they going to try the new systems to make money? A wipe will also make the economy last longer rather than having to wipe at some other time down the road. I know that the people who put in lots of hours grinding obviously wouldn't want a wipe but it's for the better of the server's economy. 

• Like 1

United States Coast Guard | Judge Advocate General Corps | Deputy Judge Advocate General

jag.gif.db5467b9b5f74c01b564f0cf42284036.gif  

I have been the biggest proponent of putting more RP in the server but I do think it is clear that low-tier Class 3 Firearms need to be back in rebel. As long as it is balanced and there are still high tier guns you can craft that are not available at rebel, that nice middle ground would be beneficial for the player count IMO. Also, the Kamdan major crime rules need to make a return because there is no point pretending to negotiate when one side has nothing to bargain for.

• Thanks 1

Montana State Bar Board of Governors

sealsmall111.png Former Chief Justice, Kamdan / Former Attorney General of Alaska/California/Montana / Ex-AST Academy Lt / Former CID Lead Investigator / Former Bar President

https://www.twitch.tv/jasonsteele0

• Developer

My opinion on each question:

1. A wipe will put everyone on equal playing field and give races more of a meaning for money and not fun, same with robberies, etc. There wont be someone who has insane amounts of money where they don't experience this huge update as much as people with small amounts of cash.

2. Although I am not much of a 'fragger' and really enjoy the Roleplay, I think adding class 3s back to rebel is better for the server, it allows the fraggers to have easier access to weaponry that they can use. I think the idea mentioned in the community meeting, or maybe a Doug stream, about the top right big island would be more combat orientated with gang members effectively looking for combat and can initiate; this gives cops more activities and open scale combat in trees and forests instead of buildings. Doing this is the right thing to do for the health of the server overall, RP will still be there in Pine and other islands but there is more of a combat zone to go to.

3. I think we should try the KOS area again, I thought that Takistan would be like this too but I don't think that rule was changed. The KOS area makes it more exciting and less odd to see us negotiate for nothing and then call them off. Adding the KOS area increases realism and fluidity while removing a little roleplay, which I don't think will do any harm.

4. Cops have been missing open scale fights that are not inside buildings, in Kings County this was a common occurrence on the mountainsides and inside forests which was greatly appreciated and now missed. This also gives cops more activities to do outside of minor and major crimes, as it gets quite repetitive and monotonous.

• Like 3
  • HYPERCLAP 1

AnzusGaming2.jpg.460a571ccd23842cf245fe6f3d34deae.jpg
| Ex-Head Administrator 🤴 | OG Member 👴 | Retired Staff 🚩Honoured Member🤵 | Plonker Professional 🛠️ |

Post A Suggestion | Report A Player | Request Compensation | Appeal A Punishment | Apply For Staff |

Iroh13.png.7733883268615e93e1ac5c9463e0cb72.png

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Kent Malone said:

If we do a wipe in 4.5 will that mean everyone that has a outstanding loan with the bank will be paided off and Will we get starter money to start off with, As I feel like question one would be good as everyone would get a apartment to start off with but you have people like parker and mr.five, etc that spent a lot of time working to get that money. I would say question one is up for a big debate. The other questions Seem pretty fair and a good idea, 

Yes the bank loans will be paid off and they will start again, Doug mentioned in his last stream that he asked Parker and people with a lot of money if they would mind a wipe and they said they didn't mind.

| Ex-Head Administrator 🤴 | OG Member 👴 | Retired Staff 🚩Honoured Member🤵 | Plonker Professional 🛠️ |

Post A Suggestion | Report A Player | Request Compensation | Appeal A Punishment | Apply For Staff |

Would a soft wipe be a option, such as resetting skills, levels, and houses but allowing established players to have a few more dollars to work with. So for example if you were a established player with quite a bit in the bank such as 10 mil you would be given 5% of that on 4.5 to give them a bit of a boost and start help them start up again. I do think maybe you cap this at a certain number like 5% of everything below 15 mil, but anything above 15 mil is given a flat amount such as 800k . And obv all these numbers could be adjusted just a few thoughts. 

• Like 1

Kind Regards, Raina Andris

Previous Positions
FSP Patrol Corporal  | LDSO Academy Corporal | FSP DTU Lieutenant | Gangster

So here is my stance on a wipe, for the people who have donated for tier three faction donator there stuff will be wiped. There was a wipe on 4.0 and I think we should save the wipe for .0's because those are the major updates. There is a very small amount of people that actually have over 100 million dollars and the majority of the communities economy isnt over 10 million. I think it would be unfair to the people who grinded for a 10+ million dollar car for it to be wiped so fast after a sort lived 5 or so months sense the beginning of 4.0. Yes it would put everyone on an equal playing field at first but over time it will be the same people at the top. If you look at the richest people and the people with the highest XP from 3.0 to 4.0 you can see that there is not much of a change therefore I see no reason to wipe on 4.5.

• Like 3

1118293155_MSPmainLogo.thumb.png.e4646be83d9a5149d0a065cb823bc605.png "YOU'RE A MAKE A WISH MAJOR " - THE GREAT PEOPLE OF MONTANA montana-flag.thumb.jpg.3b1ad2da55bcfe0186e4fec8bb31961d.jpg 

• Developer
1 minute ago, Jackson Black said:

So here is my stance on a wipe, for the people who have donated for tier three faction donator there stuff will be wiped. There was a wipe on 4.0 and I think we should save the wipe for .0's because those are the major updates. There is a very small amount of people that actually have over 100 million dollars and the majority of the communities economy isnt over 10 million. I think it would be unfair to the people who grinded for a 10+ million dollar car for it to be wiped so fast after a sort lived 5 or so months sense the beginning of 4.0. Yes it would put everyone on an equal playing field at first but over time it will be the same people at the top. If you look at the richest people and the people with the highest XP from 3.0 to 4.0 you can see that there is not much of a change therefore I see no reason to wipe on 4.5.

This update is bigger than 4.0.

• Founder
1 minute ago, Jackson Black said:

No that isn't true. We only wipe donations on every .0? We didn't wipe donations on 3.5.

I have mainly played cop alot and I can tell you right now I don't have over 5 mill at all currently I only have 2 mill around their.

As you can see cops don't make money at all it takes months and months to make money as a patrol officer while spec ops have better stuff to do where they get more money but then again they are get the down side of having expense gear.

Another great reasoning would be is to nerf the rich guys and make some guys who are not rich or higher lvl just get a slight nerf?

Edited by Loxxon Husky
  • Dislike 1

|Adam Wolf~Loxxon Husky|Ex-Playboys Member|Ex-Asylum Solider|Anzus Staff Member|

|3 Years of Service Within ANZUS Police|KSP CRT Officer, CPL|KCSO-Academy & DOC SGT|KCRS Senior Volunteer

|Homeland Security Agent - Senior Trooper|Border Patrol|Trooper's Academy Member|DAO-Prosecutor|

|Support Staff|Anzus Veteran|Jedi Master Member| Government Secretary

kaZBNAs.thumb.png.acd92d9bfd99478924872dbc82c8cc55.png8jyEaGx.thumb.png.8affdaed035945a0b29678c705737469.png

Question 1: I'm impartial to there being a wipe or not. I'll personally be doing the content and playing either way. I'm not against wipes but I feel something more needs to be done with the XP system if we are going to be doing wipes. The whole point of our current one was the longevity but if we are wiping I would hope we could do something to adjust the current system to make it realistic to achieve some of the higher level perks that even Parker was no where near by the end of this wipe if it happens. If we don't wipe I will continue the grind and really enjoy using my stuff I have amassed to do some of the content like races.

Question 2: I love the crafting system and what it was on a personal level, but I can agree this is the best move for the community going forward. I'm not against the idea of having some stuff worth getting into crafting for too still, so that will be a good middle ground. We shall see how the mag scalping goes this time though haha.

Question 3: I've been around and done majors in both the current system and this old one. I'm 100% for trying this out again and it will add some flare to it. Externals and outdoor combat will be much more of an option, not just quick peeks indoors all the time. That's always an option too though even with the KOS system.

Question 4: I'm all for this as long as people who are abusing it, or if they give any roleplay reason to be robbed regardless of uniform, can truly be robbed then I'm good with it.

Overall I think a lot of this is change for the better, and of course will adapt as we go. I'll vote yes for it all, except on the wipe I'm going impartial on the wipe with hopes that if it does wipe we can get a little bit of help on the XP system to use it better.

And can we please keep these JSRS soundmods, they are so POG

Edited by Pug Winter
  • Like 1
  • Developer
1 minute ago, Pug Winter said:

And can we please keep these JSRS soundmods, they are so POG

TRUE, I love them. They make it so much more realistic and interesting, if this was on Kings Peaks this would increase realism massively.

If a wipe was to happen at least buff the COP payout like go by rank payout.

here's an example.

payout.PNG

• Like 1

|Adam Wolf~Loxxon Husky|Ex-Playboys Member|Ex-Asylum Solider|Anzus Staff Member|

|3 Years of Service Within ANZUS Police|KSP CRT Officer, CPL|KCSO-Academy & DOC SGT|KCRS Senior Volunteer

|Homeland Security Agent - Senior Trooper|Border Patrol|Trooper's Academy Member|DAO-Prosecutor|

|Support Staff|Anzus Veteran|Jedi Master Member| Government Secretary

kaZBNAs.thumb.png.acd92d9bfd99478924872dbc82c8cc55.png8jyEaGx.thumb.png.8affdaed035945a0b29678c705737469.png

2 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

No that isn't true. We only wipe donations on every .0? We didn't wipe donations on 3.5.

ok but still all the people that have grinded for a 10+ million dollar car or house or whatever. Perks that people grinded for, hours on hours that cops put in for money and perks idk there needs to be a middle ground and not just a full wipe. Maybe for .5's there would be a semi wipe or whatever and .0's a full wipe I think that is a fair and great compromise. 

1118293155_MSPmainLogo.thumb.png.e4646be83d9a5149d0a065cb823bc605.png "YOU'RE A MAKE A WISH MAJOR " - THE GREAT PEOPLE OF MONTANA montana-flag.thumb.jpg.3b1ad2da55bcfe0186e4fec8bb31961d.jpg 

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Loxxon Husky said:

I have mainly played cop alot and I can tell you right now I don't have over 5 mill at all currently I only have 2 mill around their.

As you can see cops don't make money at all it takes months and months to make money as a patrol officer while spec ops have better stuff to do where they get more money but then again they are get the down side of having expense gear.

As long as you have direct deposit you are good, I only play cop and I have no issue with money. Unless you die more than I do then you will lose more money, however, it is remarkably easy to get cash as a cop. I have around 7 million right now and I have bought cars, given it away or just in general spent it since I don't need that much.

For question one, I just have to say that yes you do have your grinders who are set however they enjoy doing it so they are gonna continue to do runs wipe or no wipe but there are also a lot of people who don't grind and DONT like to grind runs for money and XP. I think a wipe should be a no go, maybe some sort of soft wipe could be worked out to get the best of both worlds but im not sure. Everything else i say yes and support! Question 4 would be an awesome thing to see, gangs don't have much meaning right now and adding that would make for some new kind of action everyday for the fraggers

Edited by Reno Grimes

HMT | Seagull | Jamal Crime Family | Against all Authority | Dirty Bandits

tbh i wouldnt want a wipe in my opinion i think it would be kinda boring to have to grind a whole tsunami to get financially stable enough to buy guns for the next couple of days especially since u wont have access to the runs that make the most money

La Familia - Command, Recruitment Lead | Secretary of Clemency | USCG - Chief Petty Officer 

Discord - Bailey#5145 | REA - Senior Agent | MSP - CPL |

https://www.anzus.life/forum/1149-executive-clemency/ - If you need clemency click this link.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Loxxon Husky said:

If a wipe was to happen at least buff the COP payout like go by rank payout.

here's an example.

payout.PNG

I respect your opinion, however, I don't think cops need higher pay checks, especially with the example you provided, I don't know how often or what this would be but it seems like too much.