Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Valentine

The People Of The State Of Californa vs. Jake Maisy

Loxxon Husky

Individual sentenced to 45 Months in Department of Corrections.

Message added by Loxxon Husky

Trial will be set for 5pm ET, Tuesday 21 sep.  

Please make sure any evidence, motions are filed with this court prior to that time.  If you have witness request that require subpoena please ensure you submit within 24hrs and that your witnesses can make trial or coordinate with this court for new time if necessary.

1 hour ago, Papa Pug said:

You need to allow access to this Doc. 

Also to give context to what it is not just a random link would be nice

5 hours ago, Jack Chapman said:

A. Subpoenas need to be filed on their own not in this casse.

B. They are per person not naming two people in one.

The subpoena request is fine.  The actual subpoenas would be served individually and there is nothing wrong about filing the subpoenas through the court for ongoing cases.  I just want to make sure we are not spinning wheeels to schedule for tomorrow if the witnesses can not make it and we have to push back.

5 hours ago, Matt Valentine said:

That is fine if they cannot attend, It would just be a plus to my side.

We will proceed as scheduled.  If they can appear, great.  We will not delay if they cannot.

I am traveling home from work but should be able to start on time, 30 minutes out for start.

My apologies, my aircraft seems to be struggling to get off the ground for my flight in.  If I cant get it fixed we might have to push to the discord stage.

*THESE CRIMES AND THE FIELD PROSICUTION WERE THE DAY BEFORE NEW WEAPONS LAWS WERE INACTED - TRIED UNDER OLD LAWS

Case heard as scheduled above with 20 minute delay on start time due to flight delays for Judge and witness, Mr. Grogan.

Ruling was as follows:

Count 2 - Hit and Run, NOT GUILTY

Count 3 - Possession Of A Class 3-A Firearm x2, GUILTY (30mos)

Count 4 - Second Degree Murder (Attempted), NOT GUILTY

Count 5 - Fleeing and Eluding, GUILTY (15mos)

Added - §11.2.130 Contempt of Court - Leaving an active trial and blatantly refusing to return. ($100k)

After the verdict was read we proceeded to sentencing phase. Before sentencing I asked the prosecutor, Mr. Snow, to please call for LDSO support(major crime had occurred prior).  Approximately 6-7 minutes later and as LDSOs were arriving at the courthouse, the defendant escaped in a helicopter.  The prosecutor and I offered the defendant a chance to return to the courthouse and face no additional charges.  He was notified on the phone conversation with Mr. Snow that he would be held in contempt of court for leaving during the trial and could face an additional charge of Obstruction.  He said he would choose to run. The actions of Mr. Maisy have been referred to the DA's office for a review on Obstruction.

The sentence in this case is 45 months in the Department of Corrections.  Additionally the fine of $100,00 for contempt.

Mr. Maisy you are Ordered to Pay your fine and immediately report to DOC in order to serve your time.  The warrant below has been signed and will be executed to insure justice is completed.  Upon arrest you will be given an opportunity to pay your fine. Should you refuse;  you will be brought before a judge and face an additional charge of Contempt by Breach of a Court Order - 15-30 months or $250,000.

@Jake Maisy @Matt Valentine @Jack Chapman

@Loxxon Husky Please ensure the fine makes it into database and warrant is processed/sent over to Law enforcement.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ufSjFMorjUbEfeRes5j_bgpN70-jDBp1PK2fC-itHg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Papa Pug
Clarify Laws prosecuted under