Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aiden, ADN 🔥

The People of the State of California v. Joe Pemm

Your case is being processed by the Court Clerk. Docket No. 5LD-SU73-092021CC-1-JOE PEMM

The Honourable Judge Thomas Najail presiding. 

@Joe Pemm Do you have an attorney or do you require the services of the public defender?

On 9/22/2021 at 1:35 AM, Tom Najail said:

@Dennis Smith@Matt Pad Please appoint a public defender at your earliest convenience.  

Your Honour,

I will be acting as chief counsel in this case. I will get back to the court once I have conferred with my client and are ready to submit a plea on the charges present.

Edited by Dennis Smith

21 hours ago, Aiden, ADN 🔥 said:

Your Honour,

The Prosecution has filed for a CAF Order in the Supreme Court.

https://www.anzus.life/topic/48237-application-for-caf-order-in-the-people-v-joe-pemm/

In the event that the defendant pleads or is found guilty, the court can order the payment of debt to the People. If the order is not complied with the defendant can be found in contempt and a CAF order can be applied for with leave of the Supreme Court.

The court recognises @Altin Berg as counsel for the defence. Please enter a plea within 24 hours.

7 hours ago, Tom Najail said:

@Altin Berg Have you managed to confer with your client?

I have attempted to get in contact with Mr. Pemm. My attempts were however unsuccessful

Motion for summary judgement is overruled. I can not, in the interests of justice, make a judgement without the defendant being properly represented. The court is making the ruling with the opinion that the defendant has been given notice of the indictment and has then chosen to absent himself after the trial has begun, effectively waiving his right to be present. The court will continue as if he was present. Diaz v. United States, 223 U.S. at 455 [1912].

The court will enter a plea of not guilty on behalf of the defendant. @Altin Berg, take notice.

What is our availability like for the week ahead, gentlemen? 

Your Honour, I have managed to get in touch with my client.

At this time he would like to submit the plea of Guilty on the charge presented.

That being the case, the court will defer sentencing and hereby order that the defendant pays the remainder of his debt to the state within 72 hours. If the deadline passes without the amount being paid, the defendant will be in breach of a court order and a warrant will be issued. I will remind the defendant that if he does not comply with the court order, this will impact him negatively with regards to the CAF order being heard before the Supreme Court. 

@Joe Pemm , since I have not received anything to state you have complied with a court order, a warrant has now been issued for your arrest.