Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

CG MERGE TO LDSO WEEKEND TRIAL INFO/DISCUSSION

I've been cg for over a year and cgis (I just left cg) I was bored of cg in general limited things to do I spent most my time on land out of areas I can do anything. Cg is fun for being cg and how it is run I rather enjoyed. I do agree there's too many Leo's. You would have say 25 cops on 10 cg on is about average peak ish time so 35 Leo for say 80 or 90 people in total so let's say 70 civs 105 pop in total that's 1 Leo per 2 people bare in mind 10 are probs doing Ruby's or legal 10 sat in pine role-playing, you get my idea. Too many Leo's mean every cop and cg goes to everything instantly. 

I feel bad for people in cg and hope they get good ranks and those in cgis and msrt kinds being pushed off for their work unless they get a cid or swat transfer idk.

I do think this was inevitable though and was rumoured for quite long time.

• Like 3

Personally, As Previous Coast Guard and Current DOC I believe the is for the better. It may not show at the beginning of the weekend. However I do believe this is needed for both factions.

I know when I was in CG the only thing I enjoyed was Aviation (That is just personal preference) due to lack of things to do. I do say if Coast Guard does go back to being a separate faction permanently they would most likely need some more Jurisdiction or stuff to do. 

• Like 3

Previous: SPQR Anzus Founder | Coast Guard: Aviation Seaman | KCSO: Cadet | Senior Support | LDSO: DOC Deputy | Support | Cocaine Cowboys: KingPin / High Command |  CC / OG
JesseNovaAG2.thumb.png.e3282cb54644602036189d8d546a674a.png
Current: Ordinary Mother Fucker | LSEMS:  Paramedic in Charge | Weazel News COO |  Saints 3rd Command

I honestly don't like the idea of the merge, I know that a lot of people in CG joined CG because they don't like playing as LDSO. I feel like removing a whole faction is just not the right thing to do especially when people have worked hard to get to where they are, the wont hold the same rank on cop. is it because cg is "inactive"? Then add more stuff for them to do, yes you have Boyd Island with 2-3 majors but no civ is willing to buy a heli for 1.5 M and fly there when they can just get to the eggplant at Bald Bay by driving.  I just think that if the devs dedicate a bit more time into CG rather than pd in like making a new major that would help out a lot. 

For example, oil rigs are never robbed nowadays, back when helis were cheap they used to get robbed a lot more, I havent seen anyone do a blood diamond since 3.0 either.

If anything i feel that all of CG should have the vote if they want to merge or not.

IMG_0354.jpg

Edited by Giovanni Money
  • Like 2

18hunnit    424    Gentlemen's Club

Epic Roleplayer 

image0.png.4d57bdfb4dfc112e759df0e77b56c1d3.png

From what I've seen from playing civ for an hour or two. I don't like the fact that we have 30 cops+ having 20 on alone already got us over response reports hourly. And plus all the civs right now are mostly cop mains just trying to have some fun with the CG boys. Once hour requirements start to come back. I feel the server will have 40 cops on at all times when only like 20-30 civs will play and that's not gonna be fun for anybody especially when it's gonna be mostly SWAT/CID personnel. PS. Ashton Earnhardt~

• Like 2

MJPz6iK.thumb.png.8cd20902df084f7afb6edd6ae9739be0.png

KSP SWAT Breacher/LDSO SWAT Breacher/MSP SWAT Breacher/CTRG Sergeant

O'Reilly Auto Parts|JCF|Di'Pinto|DND|Schneider|Kamdan Fire Medical 

Proud member of Anzusgaming since August 2019

Pre trail- I have no issues with the merge as I have been both in coast gaurd and LDSO so I get along with both and know a good amount of people in both. But j see issues with the merge, why not just rewrite the jurisdiction agreement and just give coast gaurd the same jurisdiction or slightly less as pd it would do the same thing keeping both party's happy. But I am pro merge.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy Lee said:

Pre trail- I have no issues with the merge as I have been both in coast gaurd and LDSO so I get along with both and know a good amount of people in both. But j see issues with the merge, why not just rewrite the jurisdiction agreement and just give coast gaurd the same jurisdiction or slightly less as pd it would do the same thing keeping both party's happy. But I am pro merge.

I agree with this in the sense that we dont need to merge but can just rewrite jurisdiction, for IE. Giving CG join juridiction in a city or two like bald bay.

• Like 1
  • thonk 1

Che Guevara: CREED Owner , DBRT Command , BADR Commandant-(Chief Of Staff)

Jammal Murray: CG Deck Petty Officer, FTO, Personnel , MAA Senior Trooper , DSA PSA.

I personally think the merge is a good idea kinda, but I dont think putting our command members all basically pushed down a rank or two. If its a merge then why cant it be fair for someone like Nick Boyd 900+ tig to get a higher rank, hes probably the most dedicated guy on anzus and he gets major? I personally think thats a violation. I dont think the ranks are being fair here, no heat or anything but I think dougs argument is that why would they move pd members out of their command rank, but every single command member in cg is basically getting demoted.

• Like 5

I think the initial post covers most of the business side of the merge and comments from faction command of SO, DOJ etc on the thread really shows that a lot of time and care has gone into the process of this test run of completing a merge of LDSO & USCG but I still would like to suggest a slight change. Even reading these above opinions I feel as someone who has recently returned to the community and was a member of Blufor Faction Command on 2.0/3.0 during the introduction of Coast Guard as a faction to King's County there is only one thing that while some have addressed I think I would like to go a bit further on.

I understand that yes, I have been away for some time, 18 months or so but since I was one of the heads of the KSP/KCSO for a time I think I owe it to Captain Boyd and the USCG original team to really push the point that what they have done with Coast Guard in the time I was here was always a fantastic server addition even if I wasn't a fan of it during its initial implementation. Captain Boyd and the rest of USCG really made it its own in the time I got to briefly Liaise with them as a faction lead and I'm glad of the positives this merge will bring if he remains here to lead it going forward into 5.0 and beyond.

I want to preface that I have not attended any meeting on how this merge came to light so my knowledge is all from this thread but I will detail that my main point and opinion is that to ensure that this merge is as successful as possible while also showing both factions rank & file that this is a 100% positive benefit to them is if a slight change to the proposed structure is made. I think with all things considered in previous replies to the thread and my rambling above that for this merge to be a perfect fit in my own opinion & hopefully in the eyes of some members of both factions that may be against the merge is that I would like to see a third Sheriff Command role be brought back, a slot we had on 2.0 Kamden and that Captain Boyd should be put into it with his second in command being added as a 4th Major(Maritime/Aviation Overwatch). The structure change I propose is as follows:

Blufor Rank Structure After LDSO/USCG Merge:
Sheriff - Clark, Undersheriff - Lennar, Deputy Sheriff - Boyd

Major - Sanchez(Spec Ops), Black(Patrol/DOC?), Shreman(Academy?), Boyd's Right Hand(Aviation/Maritime)

Captain - Patrol, DOC, Highway, Academy, SWAT, CID, Maritime.

I do agree that merging MSRT/CGIS into Spec Ops is the best route to take and with the regular rank & file conversions below Captain. Thanks for reading.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1
22 hours ago, Liam Forder said:

I personally think the merge is a good idea kinda, but I dont think putting our command members all basically pushed down a rank or two. If its a merge then why cant it be fair for someone like Nick Boyd 900+ tig to get a higher rank, hes probably the most dedicated guy on anzus and he gets major? I personally think thats a violation. I dont think the ranks are being fair here, no heat or anything but I think dougs argument is that why would they move pd members out of their command rank, but every single command member in cg is basically getting demoted.

Man should get Vice Admiral next to Paul.

In regards to Commissioner of Military Affairs I think Tyrell Newman or Conor Lee should be appointed since both have been dedicated them self's to CG a lot and I believe they would make great fit.

Edited by Loxxon Husky

|Adam Wolf~Loxxon Husky|Ex-Playboys Member|Ex-Asylum Solider|Anzus Staff Member|

|3 Years of Service Within ANZUS Police|KSP CRT Officer, CPL|KCSO-Academy & DOC SGT|KCRS Senior Volunteer

|Homeland Security Agent - Senior Trooper|Border Patrol|Trooper's Academy Member|DAO-Prosecutor|

|Support Staff|Anzus Veteran|Jedi Master Member| Government Secretary

kaZBNAs.thumb.png.acd92d9bfd99478924872dbc82c8cc55.png8jyEaGx.thumb.png.8affdaed035945a0b29678c705737469.png

over response needs to be addressed other then that merge is cool

thot.png.69d96cb287658b3cb8312cee53508bb4.png          

Tariq #1||Loves Vacations| Seagull                                                   

free.png.be886f5c8bc4a54c0069db7ae121147a.png

kicked from every spec ops😎

• thonk 1

Cocaine Cowboys : Kingpin - Fidel Cashflo - Owner / Founder

FFR:  EMT - Beans Cashflo - TA Trainee

EX-LDRS: Paramedic In Charge - Beans Castro - TA Junior Instructor

EX-Nuestra Familiá :Chief Enforcer - Fidel Cashflo - Human Resources

EX-CO-OWNER OF PERCY POPPERS 

2 hours ago, Fidel Cashflo said:

I have definitely noticed the same thing however, i was thinking, there have been times where the same total LEO force was on, just split between CG and LDSO. I understand it is kind of intimidating atm, but if the merge goes ahead, i would imagine steps would be taken to reduce this sort of thing.

• Like 1

Bob Martin
Florida State Police Academy

Bar Certified - 9905495

USCG | CGIS | JAG | FTO | Personnel | Montana State Police | CID Detective |

4 hours ago, Fidel Cashflo said:

I don't see the issue here ever since 3.0 came out with CG cops would always have 30 and CG would have 9 or 10.

• Dislike 1

|Adam Wolf~Loxxon Husky|Ex-Playboys Member|Ex-Asylum Solider|Anzus Staff Member|

|3 Years of Service Within ANZUS Police|KSP CRT Officer, CPL|KCSO-Academy & DOC SGT|KCRS Senior Volunteer

|Homeland Security Agent - Senior Trooper|Border Patrol|Trooper's Academy Member|DAO-Prosecutor|

|Support Staff|Anzus Veteran|Jedi Master Member| Government Secretary

kaZBNAs.thumb.png.acd92d9bfd99478924872dbc82c8cc55.png8jyEaGx.thumb.png.8affdaed035945a0b29678c705737469.png

22 minutes ago, Loxxon Husky said:

I don't see the issue here ever since 3.0 came out with CG cops would always have 30 and CG would have 9 or 10.

The issue isnt that there are 30 cops, its the Ratio of cops to civ, cause in 3.0 there would 120 people on so 30 cops to 90 civs.

• Like 2

Jammal Murray: CG Deck Petty Officer, FTO, Personnel , MAA Senior Trooper , DSA PSA.

24 minutes ago, Jamaal Murray said:

The issue isnt that there are 30 cops, its the Ratio of cops to civ, cause in 3.0 there would 120 people on so 30 cops to 90 civs.

Exactly it’s not the number it’s the ratios 

Cocaine Cowboys : Kingpin - Fidel Cashflo - Owner / Founder

FFR:  EMT - Beans Cashflo - TA Trainee

EX-LDRS: Paramedic In Charge - Beans Castro - TA Junior Instructor

EX-Nuestra Familiá :Chief Enforcer - Fidel Cashflo - Human Resources

EX-CO-OWNER OF PERCY POPPERS 

Merge is cool and not at the same time.

Simple words

Ranks for high guys are messed up a bit. It feels weird knowing that the MCPO & Ltjg who have made and shaped their OWN department and control and maintain their own department become LT within cop. Just seems weird at times but that is how the rank stuff works not more u could do about it just somthing to think about

I for one even tho i have not been active for personnel reasons, have genuinely respected Nicks leadership compared to most i have seen on this server. This aint me sucking or brown nosing etc etc cuz what do i gain out of it? All i will say about him is that he will glady throw himself under the bus before he even thinks about trying to throw someone else under regardless of rank. Dont get me wrong, some people like this exist in PD and also CG that aint nick or Clark or harry. However, i think that some departments have extremely poor representatives for who is in command especially patrol kekw

He is the reason why I stayed in CG at times amongst many others as well. However, i feel that his leadership is more suited then some within PD departments. I also think that if CG merge they would probs just join cop as a whole, this in mind they dont want to work from the bottom again. 

• Like 1

Senior Administrator KCSO CRT KCSO SWAT AST S.E.R.T Los Diablos MSRT  KCSA Academy Trainer |  DOJ District Attorney   DOC SGT KCSO CPL SWAT CPL Marksman CG CPO MSRT 3IC MAA CPT CG CPT  |  Verified Wheeb

Brazzers.jpg.2a13a8587fec7084793f0e6acc3ee3f4.jpg

Community Rules - Server Rules - How To Play - Community Guidelines - Server Details  

Opinion from an outside perspective. 

I interact with both LDSO and CG daily.  They are completely different, black and white, they are nothing alike they have their own pros and cons and I friends with people in both. 

All that to say I’m not biased in this, CG is the underdog the “less so” nothing wrong with them it’s just how it is and I think merging would be a miss step.

CG as someone else pointed out is it’s own culture it’s attracts certain kinds of people, the kind of people that want a unique role play experience that want the feel of cops and robbers but different. That’s one of the many thing that CG offers. I tell people when ask about the different factions is cops is more serious RP and CG is more laid back. 

As fair as I know CG is pretty unique to Anzus and that’s certainly gotta be a draw for new players. 

I have always thought that if CG and LDSO merged that most of CG would not last in LDSO, I’m sure you have names in your head of people that won’t last a month after the merge.   

The merge has positives for sure but the majority of people are losing out. The only reason I don’t think this is a terrible idea is that Peter and Harry will be able to make this work, but is making something work the same as or better then the current arrangement. 

By no means do I mean to offend LDSO that is NOT the point of this post I am just stating that CG is best left where it is. 

Post trial,

i was unable to play during the trial so I’m not sure how it went but from the little that I was on it seemed fine

• Like 3

LeeBread_ForumBanner3.thumb.png.1bd45e2045ef2cc36e84f9cf9b458c70.png

1 hour ago, Lee Bread said:

I interact with both LDSO and CG daily.  They are completely different, black and white, they are nothing alike they have their own pros and cons and I friends with people in both. 

All that to say I’m not biased in this, CG is the underdog the “less so” nothing wrong with them it’s just how it is and I think merging would be a miss step.

CG as someone else pointed out is it’s own culture it’s attracts certain kinds of people, the kind of people that want a unique role play experience that want the feel of cops and robbers but different. That’s one of the many thing that CG offers. I tell people when ask about the different factions is cops is more serious RP and CG is more laid back. 

As fair as I know CG is pretty unique to Anzus and that’s certainly gotta be a draw for new players. 

I have always thought that if CG and LDSO merged that most of CG would not last in LDSO, I’m sure you have names in your head of people that won’t last a month after the merge.   

The merge has positives for sure but the majority of people are losing out. The only reason I don’t think this is a terrible idea is that Peter and Harry will be able to make this work, but is making something work the same as or better then the current arrangement. 

By no means do I mean to offend LDSO that is NOT the point of this post I am just stating that CG is best left where it is. 

Post trial,

i was unable to play during the trial so I’m not sure how it went but from the little that I was on it seemed fine

+1 Lee said it best here! Don’t merge!!

7 hours ago, Lee Bread said:

Post trial,

I'm offended

• EZ 1

High Command - Reapers
Colonel - Alaska State Troopers
Sheriff - Los Diablos Sheriff's Office

Chief - Montana State Police

Just wondering what happens to the Coast Guard DMOS' (i.e., JAG, MSRT). Do they get merged with LDSO Legal Team and SWAT? Will the members in those DMOS' enjoy the same rank/equivalent in LDSO? 

Would not make sense for a JAG as a subdivision in LDSO, nor would a separate MSRT. 

Edited by Edward

I personally looking at peoples inputs think the merge should not happen. JAG needs to stay a thing, and MSRT and CGIS is completely different from CID/SWAT and they low key do not deserve to transfer over. 

• Like 1
  • TF 1
  • Yikes 1

New Saucehttps://youtu.be/pRQGt824x84
OG ANZUS Member - LDRS PIC of TA - Petty Officer of Aviation, CGIS of KCCG - Rex Saurus - MSP Retired SWAT and CID
Triads Founder - Winter Hill Founder - Zephyr Family Founder - Nuestra Familia President - Nex Nuestra

Nuestra recruitment banner.png

On 12/10/2021 at 10:39 PM, Jamaal Murray said:

@Doug Jumper Would FTOs for CG and personell be able to transfer that position  into LDSO 

FTOs transferring to an FTO position in PD is stupid and probably not happening. Both factions have extremely different ways of operating, in both the type of trainings and SOPs. And this is not to mention, Afaik (correct me if I’m wrong), to be an FTO in PD you have to be a corporal - free rank to those FTOs who have little to no experience or care/motivation for their role. 
For our FTOs in CG to become FTOs in PD, they will realistically need to learn everything in depth before being qualified to train people. 
As for personnel, that is something that will likely have to be discussed with the Academy Captain - don’t expect free rank here either, to my understanding Academy already has a lot of members 

Jack Noble
Nick Boyd smells
Bar No. 10932450