Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doug Jumper

Lets talk 5.0

Hello everyone! ITS FINALLY HERE! The 5.0 trailer was finally shown today after gang wars to 200 viewers and it was amazing. Thank you to the people watching and A massive thanks to the development team and @Elliot B for the trailer.

What a year its been. The server has changed A LOT and I can't wait for all the people who haven't played in a while to see our progress.

Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it: 

I wanted to make this thread to answer any questions you all have, so ask whatever you want.

FAQ:
Q: When is release?
A: We are aiming for before end of the year, its likely it will be announced a day or two before.

Q: Are we doing purge?
A: We will likely only do a purge if we set a date and something stops us from releasing on time.

Q: Is coastguard being merged?
A: Yes, we're going to do the merge. If you're blacklisted from the LDSO we will be doing lenient unblack lists on a case by case basis.

Q: Will there be a mass unban?
A: Yes, we will likely release a discord tomorrow to allow people who are banned to join to appeal.

Q: Will we be wiping?
A: Yes, a full wipe will take place economy, skills and roleplay knowledge. Faction ranks will remain.

Q: When will the shops be open?
A: Pre-orders are open, DM Doug.

Q: Is anything happening before release to keep population up?
A: Some official ANZUS streamers will all be given event perms to do events in-game. But we want to still keep the integrity of the leaderboard as some people are still fighting for those last spots.

Q: Are you removing class 3s?
A: No, but on release it will be pistol only for 1-2 weeks. Rebel will be added back after this time with basic class 3s, anything above 5.56 will be in crafting.

Feel free to ask any questions in the comment and myself or the team will respond to it.

• Like 4
  • <3 1
  • PepeDance 1

any chance class 3's will be able to be bought at a earlier time than a week? or is it set for 1-2 weeks. I love pistol only but it gets stale for me atleast after 3-4 days

Edited by Jimmy Paterno
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Jimmy Paterno said:

any chance class 3's will be able to be bought at a earlier time than a week? or is it set for 1-2 weeks.

Looks like it’s set for 1-2 weeks based on what Doug said in the post.. I’m sure you guys will live for a week without class 3’s

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Paterno said:

any chance class 3's will be able to be bought at a earlier time than a week? or is it set for 1-2 weeks. I love pistol only but it gets stale for me atleast after 3-4 days

If we don't set a time people will bitch and moan expecting us to break earlier.

+1 to what sammy said. Make it so only so many cops can get on at a time, 48 civs on, 24 max cops. Max 4 ems. Or something, to incentivize people populating the server in other ways, on civ, etc.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Nex Nuestra said:

+1 to what sammy said. Make it so only so many cops can get on at a time, 48 civs on, 24 max cops. Max 4 ems. Or something, to incentivize people populating the server in other ways, on civ, etc.

Problem with this is cop hours, People can only jump on at certain times and are still expected to get hours in

20 minutes ago, Jack Jago said:

Problem with this is cop hours, People can only jump on at certain times and are still expected to get hours in

Lower the required hours by half, it gets kind of funky when theirs 30 cops on and 20 civs, there needs to be a ratio, the server is very cop dominated and nobody can deny that, also gives the career cops a chance to involve themselves as a civilian aswell.

Edited by Sammy Gravano
Just now, Sammy Gravano said:

Lower the required hours by half, it gets kind of funky when theirs 30 cops on and 20 civs, there needs to be a ratio, the server is very cop dominated and nobody can deny that

The cop outnumbering isn't the norm though. It seems like more of a recent thing due to the CG merge.

• Like 1
Just now, Seska said:

The cop outnumbering isn't the norm though. It seems like more of a recent thing due to the CG merge.

Just now, Seska said:

It was a problem way before the merge, it needs to be fixed, and a poll added at that. I suggest a ratio of 1P:2C 

10 minutes ago, Sammy Gravano said:

Lower the required hours by half, it gets kind of funky when theirs 30 cops on and 20 civs, there needs to be a ratio, the server is very cop dominated and nobody can deny that, also gives the career cops a chance to involve themselves as a civilian aswell.

Cant say I agree, Just been and done a Jewellery Store against apparently only 2 civs which turned out to be 3, with only me and 1 cop, Same happened yesterday where I done one with just me against 2, And thats with 20+ cops on, Sometimes it looks like a lot but remember everyones in divisions doing different things and cant respond to normal calls   

Im not saying otherwise, but again, thats why I said Majority of the time, not everyday, im a cop too lmao, so I understand, but even im saying their needs to be a limit for those playing civs