Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

New ruleset MEGATHREAD discussion

• Founder

Hello fellow ANZUS gamers

On Friday we started a trail for the new ruleset. If you are not aware of what we trailed here is the thread. https://www.anzus.life/topic/56662-ruleset-change-weekend-trail-2030-vibe/

This thread is to discuss how everyone felt about it, if people enjoyed it etc.

No answer is the wrong answer, don't go negative reacting people because you disagree, just reply to them and have a civil conversation.

Do not just type +1, give your actual thoughts I want to know everything people are thinking/feeling about this positive and negative.

My opinion:
A massive issue on ANZUS for a long time has been entitlement, for a long time the "2.0/3.0" ruleset was mentioned as an issue and I never really thought of it helping this issue. The problem with the old ruleset is people expect response numbers, so they get mad and complain. People expect cop response so they get mad and complain. Another thing is, I've always hated the fact some people get left out of situations... Another thing I've realized is that sometimes there will be 3 cops and 10 civilians and it will be "unfair numbers" but sometimes it will be 10 cops and 3 civs. It will happen, its better it happens this way and I hope people vote for it to stay.

We will have this discussion thread, then a vote.

• Like 10

I love the old rules being back, it’s a blast from the past. I would love to see anzus to return to how it was back in 2.0! This is a great step into that direction and the increased player base has proved that. I hope we can come together as a community and keep these old rules around permanently.

• Like 5

Paramedic in Charge | American Medical Response | Ex- Command FFR | Texas Court Clerk

The new rules make anzus feel like old anzus fun and just chill its been less toxic less reports on everything. Both sides are having fun civs and cops the majors are more balanced for everyone and its just a fun experience would be fun if it remained like this :)

• Like 2

𝖢𝖺𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗌 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋
𝖦𝖥𝖪 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽

𝖢𝖳𝖱𝖦 𝖢𝗈𝗋𝗉𝗈𝗋𝖺𝗅

keep the trial ruleset. over this weekend this is the most fun i have had in a while tbh (from both cop and civ perspective)

• Like 1

Matt Pad - epic reaper man 
Matt Frost - Bar Cert, ex Assistant Chief Public Defender, ex Prosecuter, ex KPRS LT, MSPA Command 😎

Matt Winter - Epic Judge man

I Think this rule trial was very fun, As I felt it brought back 2.0/3.0 Feelings Without some of the downsides of 2.0/3.0 such as panic buttons, Which leads on the the next opinion. I think Cops have been doing a great job at not over responding to situations and making it fun and fair for both sides. Its not perfect but its close enough to where its not a problem. Overall I think the rule trial was fun and enjoyable And would honestly like to see it implemented fully as it sparked more life into the server over the weekend than usual.

• Like 1

So i'm gonna put on my comment here so my thing is i love the whole major aspect is really amazing but when it comes to people that loves grinding its really hard to make money cause everytime i go out to do a illegal run to make some cash i get robbed pretty much all the time i don't know if it is because the whole reason that you don't need a reason to initiate on someone or if it is because you can rob illegal runs for no reason if the robbing gets fixed id love the new rules and this is coming from  someone that has been here since way back in the day and been a grinder for a while much love and respect.

• Like 2

I will say this weekend seemed to do well. Now some things I would change which I will detail below. 
Pros: 
I think it helped with entitlment 
I think players felt like they could do more on the island when it comes to being able to rob and get into fights
Elk was def a lot calmer

Cons:
Some gangs and groups went over the top just intiating everywhere which was  little much but I think will smooth out
The greenzone is nice although I think allowing shit to happend within Stict RP would be better.

Overall the convos I have had with people about thsi is that we do want 3.0 vibes back and I think this did help.I mean the island was popping this weekend and i had a shit ton of fun with the islan. I think this is a good start.

• Like 1

Che Guevara: CREED Owner , DBRT Command , BADR Commandant-(Chief Of Staff)

Jammal Murray: CG Deck Petty Officer, FTO, Personnel , MAA Senior Trooper , DSA PSA.

The new rule set is great, from what ive seen everyone seems to like it. Yes theres the factor of just the excitement of a new thing coming back and that blast from the past feeling. But I think this is more than that and if it stays, people would like it more then the previous ruleset. 

Although I do think this should be changed 

1. You do not need a roleplay reason to rob people doing illegal runs.

Just due to this will cause new players to have a bit of a hard time, Maybe change to you must have at least a Gang v Gang reason and not just robbing civs.

Also just from playing cop for a bit, I think that panic buttons should be added again. Maybe it has just been the chaos recently with the new changes but its really hard sometimes to respond to a cop being robbed or something when they are other things going on and you didnt hear it over radio.

Edited by Nick Allen
  • Dislike 1

DND | RF | HMT | DB | SC 

Ex-Battalion Chief of EMS

I've only been here since April but I think the weekend ruleset was a really fun experience. I seen some pretty decent positive feedback from it and only a couple negative about response numbers. but 9/10 times positive and fun experiences. I'd like to see the ruleset stay honestly.

Jarrod Singler

Enjoyed it a lot, throughout this weekend I saw quite a few old names that I haven't seen in quite a while. I feel this rule-set might encourage old players to return to Anzus.

Even though this rule-set is more 'laid back' and 'combat friendly' I still saw a lot of good roleplay from people.

But as for an overall, I really enjoyed this weekend and I think we should keep it like this permanently.

Edited by Ryan Hancock
  • Like 2

CTRG | Spec-Ops Major SWAT Commander | CTRG Command  Academy Head Supervisor | Administrator 

I'm sure that I speak for a lot of people when I say this. This is the most fun I have had in a while. 

Since Friday, I have not run into a single toxic situation. People are having a blast & the deatchat is just ''GG - that was awesome'' instead of ''Damn, cops are soooo boring or Civs are camping etc...''. 

With cops having response numbers before this ruleset was introduced has also had a huge impact on how situations work out. We still try to limit our numbers, so it becomes fair for both sides. 

To conclude, it has been absolutely awesome. The server pop has been amazing and I have only had positive situations & interactions with people. 

Edited by Alexis Sanchez
  • Like 3

CTRG.png

CTRG - Corporal

Chief of Florida State Police

Chief of Kamdan State Police

Chief of Montana State Police

• Developer

Ultimately, I favored the overall experience, as if we were to bring more numbers as cop to a situation, we would make the judgment call whether or not we should pull off or not, rather than under respond to a situation, i.e minors and such. The majors didn't seem to be all that different, as this was a pretty active cop weekend, so we generally met numbers.

I've limited experience with the majors(aka none) so I wont comment on response amount vs crime-party amount aside from a general like of the weekend's rules on paper. In real life, it's not like cops ALWAYS have overwhelming numbers, but when they do, why wouldn't they use them?! Just like its not always a massive group doing these attacks, but if it can be, why wouldn't they??

However, the general principles of the weekend trial are something I'm fully behind. Elk being a green zone makes a solid RP hub for people that dont want to get into the crazy shit, but there's so much fun in the crazy shit that they'll come out soon enough. karen/complain RP is a waste of air and I'm all for keeping it the fuck out. Gameplay-wise, i love being able to revive someone you've killed. For one, maybe you don't want to fuck them over or maybe there's an rp way to spin wounding them and keeping them alive for your plans.

My only 'issue' is the lack of RP reason to initiate on someone outside green zones. Make a reason, thin though it may be. For example, I was initiated on by some 'cargo inspectors' and though I was running steel and nothing interesting and therefore got to go on my way, i LOVED the interaction. As someone who has thus far MOSTLY stuck to the straight and narrow, it really helps sell the worry of living on an island so overrun by gang violence and lethality in every corner. But having someone just 'HANDS UP' and not even come up with a reason is... kinda boring. I'm all for every other change from this weekend, however. 

• Like 1
  • + 1

1. You do not need a roleplay reason to rob people doing illegal runs
    This rule just make it so if cops dont find the location, just random gangs will sit there and rob it. will be no point of doaing any illegal runs. New people will have a hard time makeing money just doaing legal runs.
  • Like 1

The past few days have been fun and I am really glad this ruleset was put into effect. It brings back the "good ol' days" of ANZUS and I have been able to tell how everybody's attitudes improved towards situations. From a civ/gang perspective it does put you a little more on edge whilst doing runs, selling major items, or just walking around, however that is what makes the island fun. +1 new ruleset

rendered-1.png
REAPERS LOW COMMAND
MSP - Artem Habibi

To be honest more people have been playing since the change, which I think goes to show that it's an improvement. Before the change people were always on about too many cops or saying something about unfairness and whatnot, either in deathchat or in the back of a squad car. Now it is a lot less common, but there is still always going to be somebody questioning arma and its goofy combat. If you are complaining about a 9 year old game's mechanics developed by bohemia interactive you might as well uninstall it and go play some triple A game. There is nothing you can do except realize you wont win every gunfight.

+ CTRG defends me from scary HMT boys wanting my shiny uranium

• pepelaugh 1
  • OMEGALUL 1
  • PepeDance 1

I thought this ruleset and whole vibe of the server over the weekend was great Had some really fun times and fights.  I really enjoyed getting HMT back together it really felt like 3.0 again doing the norm. To the response numbers I have nothing to complain about honestly I didn't even notice it changed.  Overall I think making this ruleset permanent could really boost the player base like we have already seen over this weekend alone I enjoyed my time over this weekend and it was probably one of the best times I've had for a long time.

• Like 1

|KCRS|USCG|KCSO|KPRS|AST Patrol|S.E.R.T|S.W.A.T|HMT OG|HMT COMMAND|

Louie Haffner/Bald

SGT.T.Bald

BIGGER_AND_BETTER_BOYS.thumb.jpg.f2e9ce4774933c28ab47e6b4f0f05291.jpg

I love the fact that we have temporarily returned to the old rules and hope that we can move to them permanently, when I first joined ANZUS when we were on Kamden I had so much fun and had no want to play anything other than arma and this continued on for like 2 1/2 years but when the new rule set was released something changed, you were very limited on what you could do and people started to become more and more toxic and this over a few months made me have no drive to get on the server. After this I occasionally got on the server and it was grim nothing seemed to ever happen but during this weekend I feel like the server has returned to how it was and I have started to have loads of fun again and I think having to ability to rob illegal runs is a welcome change because it actually means that they have some risk factor and if you want to safely complete runs you have to group up and work as a team or make deals with groups for protection or work out some sort of peace treaty. I feel like these rules will make long term players return and also make it more fun for new players and hopefully calm down certain members of the community and make them realize that we are all here to have fun and to quote Doug “take a spoonful of concrete and harden the fuck up." ***Copied my reply for previous post***

• Like 1

Hello MISTERRRRRRRRRRR.

Original Mr 

Ex CID Mr :(

Longest Non SMT  Member of PD

• Founder
6 minutes ago, Marty-Mcfly said:

1. You do not need a roleplay reason to rob people doing illegal runs
    This rule just make it so if cops dont find the location, just random gangs will sit there and rob it. will be no point of doaing any illegal runs. New people will have a hard time makeing money just doaing legal runs.

I would love to have some people comment on how this can be combated. Obviously we don't want to push new people away, what are peoples opinion on a solution to this?

Loved it. Had a lot of fun this weekend. Keep these rules and Anzus will improve greatly. If you didn’t like this weekend, you’re probably to soft to be here and that’s the only issue I see. 

The vibe was better, interactions were better. A lot more gun fights outside rather than Q/E peaking, everyone seemed a lot less tense and I think that contributed to the overall atmosphere. This is the right direction for sure. 

Montana State Police

Criminal Investigation Division Commanding Officer - Captain - Gang Suppression Unit / Internal Affairs

Legal Team Representative - Special Operations and Patrol Division

1 minute ago, Doug Jumper said:

I would love to have some people comment on how this can be combated. Obviously we don't want to push new people away, what are peoples opinion on a solution to this?

Instead of having official gangs have a quota for majors. Lower that quota and make them to do some sort of security for runs. 

For runs that are owned by gangs, they should be protecting it and the people doing them seeming as they make money off it. 

• Like 1

Montana State Police

Criminal Investigation Division Commanding Officer - Captain - Gang Suppression Unit / Internal Affairs

Legal Team Representative - Special Operations and Patrol Division

had alot of fun during the trial rules again brings back memories from kings county also seen the population increase since the trial really hope they stay this has also made me play my civ alot more over the weekend 

Current - United States Coast Guard

Previous -   USCG Lieutenant Commander - MSP Academy Sergeant - MSP Academy Head Supervisor - KCSO Patrol Deputy - Kings County Fire Department Lieutenant 

I'm new to the server but if as many as they want can come will we still have to announce how many people are coming? seems kinda pointless no civ ever knows how many cops are coming shouldn't it be like that for the cops too? but I'm new so I don't know why that was implemented in the first place.