Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

New ruleset MEGATHREAD discussion

8 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

I would love to have some people comment on how this can be combated. Obviously we don't want to push new people away, what are peoples opinion on a solution to this?

I feel like the gang that control cartel or mobster should do more to protect the runs and for example if they hear that such and such gang has been robbing people at the processor they can declare some sort of gang war on the other gang and if the gang robbing looses they cant go back for X amount of time. I also feel like this rule entices people who normally go around alone or new players into joining a gang for some sort of protection which I think is a good thing because the game is 10x more fun when you play with others. I think it was yesterday that a gang also hired CTRG for protection and I thought that was also a cool idea. To be honest I don't have much experience as a CIV so not sure how this would actually work in practice. 

Edited by Jonny Decker
  • Like 3

Hello MISTERRRRRRRRRRR.

Original Mr 

Ex CID Mr :(

Longest Non SMT  Member of PD

7 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

I would love to have some people comment on how this can be combated. Obviously we don't want to push new people away, what are peoples opinion on a solution to this?

Who ever owned cartel would actually have to start offering protection, or call CTRG to protect your runs. eZ solution

• Like 1

Like Doug said there has been a massive issue with entitlement and a just straight cry baby attitude. This new ruleset gets rid of most of that attitude. You can see right now in just the player pop people are having a lot more fun.

Being able to rez helps with attitude a lot

No response numbers gets rid of people complaining about numbers and cops having to worry 24/7 about over response.

All and all big +1 on the rule set. I think there are still more things that can be done to help pop even more like smaller map which I believe is in the works for 5.5. New refreshed cap zones will all help. 

PRO: Far less bitching about response numbers. Less conversations clogging up radio and micromanaging numbers. 
CON: The 'initiate for no reason' thing makes you more on-edge outside of the safezone, and from what I've seen people doing runs are targeted a lot. 

• Like 1

signaturenew2.png.35a0b07ea715b4380c8e1102138e73f2.png

27 minutes ago, Marty-Mcfly said:

1. You do not need a roleplay reason to rob people doing illegal runs
    This rule just make it so if cops dont find the location, just random gangs will sit there and rob it. will be no point of doaing any illegal runs. New people will have a hard time makeing money just doaing legal runs.

Thats the whole risk of doing illegal runs and official gangs cant rob runs. SO that being said it was like this in 3.0 and some of 4.0 where u would actually have to defend urself instead of it being way too easy

• Like 1

These rules are great, the players are control of the fun factor now. If command want to send 30 cops for 4 gas station they can but they won’t be getting off lightly when the civs fight back, now the server works together.

• Like 1
BADR, USOG, Montana State Police McRonald's Regional Manager
Don Primario: Tijuana Rangers

Pink Floyd Makes Great Chase Music

image.gif.820c5fb1274f44ca5d84dccbf7b13e09.gif

19 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

I don't think people should be outright targeting newer players for robbing which is indicated by their apple symbol or the type of truck they're driving. But the thing is, I don't think this needs to a be rule, I've seen many gangs simply let them continue on.

Some people mentioned hiring protection or having cartel/mobster defend their runs, and that makes perfect sense. But furthermore, it also makes people face more consequences for their actions. People like Pug and Trick rarely gotten robbed and it's because people respect them. It places more of an emphasis on who you are, and that makes it so you are robbed much less often.

HMT - Command

Official Prison Life Gang Founder - The Moonshiners

CTRG - 2nd LT

signature.png.6e5764407cdec8cf0f3bb5afab63154c.png.da7496f7598380681241ec85abcde7fe.png

34 minutes ago, Doug Jumper said:

make it where for that one they need to have a roleplay reason to rob illegal runs but keep it where if the person aint doing a run and just driving around they can be initiated on i know i might just be pulling shit out of my ass but figured id say something.

• Dislike 1

By far it was most fun ive  had on anzus in awhile. Old school feel with a new map (even tho its not kamden) but it was fun either way. BTW on kamden i was in les emes before schnieder and what they did was for a price they used to protect people doing any kind of runs, I guess no one thought to do that or contact ctrg.

Alright, I personally Like/Dislike this ruleset.

1. All cop response numbers to major crimes, minor crimes, any situation are removed from the rules. It will be up to PD command to decide how/what they want with the idea of fairness in mind.
  2. No limit on groups, you can be in a group more than 8 during all initiations. (LEO AND CIV)
  3. You do not need a roleplay reason to rob people doing illegal runs.
  4. You do not need a roleplay reason to initiate on someone except 500m from a green zone.
  5. Elk city will be made into a green zone. (Meaning no combat, robbing or anything at all) 
  6. Before joining the server take a spoonful of concrete and harden the fuck up. Any sort of karen/complain RP will be an instant ban for the rest of the weekend. You can still have good RP with this ruleset. Play situations out and deal with it OFF the server.

Ingame features removed for the weekend

1. Restriction on reviving people you've killed
  2. Everything will pay out clean money including majors, minors everything

RULES:
The Majors I saw had pretty fair numbers which led to pretty good majors all around. Honestly, thought this was going to be a crazy amount of police every major but PD command/highest ranking online at the time handled it pretty well and made it a pretty fair fight.

I always loved no limits on groups with this gang v police violence can be quite crazy but fun at the same time.

I think that you should need a reason to rob illegal runs as the newer players that are trying to get some quick cash would most likely quit if they kept getting robbed 24/7 when trying to get some decent money. (This also includes number 4... You should need some sort of reason to initiate as it would deter new players from playing if they kept getting rolled up on)

Elk was better a roleplay zone imo. felt more fun duking it out and shit going down in the city.  

INGAME:

I loved the ability to revive people you kill. Yes, it is kind of "unrealistic" but it allowed for a lot more fun pvp for both sides when fighting zones etc... and with the bonus benefit that after a fight no one is upset/mad everyone is just vibing and its gl next. A lot less toxicity with this and made fighting happen more frequently even if some zones are not good to push. 
Also, if you want people to lose kits they can revive outside of conflict/majors or whatever (so basically at zones mainly when people are really only fighting for fun and people might actually push the zones that are not good) but at conflict you wont be reviving people meaning more people fighting for conflict and losing money there instead.

Clean Money Payout, I think it was pretty nice and simple not having to do 10 extra steps just to make some money.

Edited by Jimmy Paterno
39 minutes ago, Garrett Wade said:

Thats the whole risk of doing illegal runs and official gangs cant rob runs. SO that being said it was like this in 3.0 and some of 4.0 where u would actually have to defend urself instead of it being way too easy

Well the risk was to get arrested for it since police activly looks for it now gangs sit there and just wait until people come.

1 hour ago, Doug Jumper said:

Like i said to another guy police allready bust so many people doaing illegal stuff, just people sittning at the weed pro for example isnt fun at all.

Honestly, haven't really enjoyed playing civ as of recent until now. The new rules are giving me old 3.0 vibes. 

• Like 2

D5rRr5UWAAAF-jm.jpg

Depressed HMT since 3.0 

Currently Depressed CTRG Captain

Currently Depressed Moonshiners Command

52 minutes ago, Seska said:

PRO: Far less bitching about response numbers. Less conversations clogging up radio and micromanaging numbers. 
CON: The 'initiate for no reason' thing makes you more on-edge outside of the safezone, and from what I've seen people doing runs are targeted a lot. 

Yes they are targeted by police allready now gangs are targeting them aswell.

I think what should STAY. Is no response numbers. I feel cops did really well with this and responded reasonably. And it makes it so if someone gets insanely lucky with a no effort spraydown they dont just get a free situation, one more cop can come to actually make it a challenge, etc. But make it so there are response numbers for majors.

I think dirty money should be removed completely, it's just outdated tbh.

I think being able to Rev people you killed should be allowed cause more people will pvp and overall it will be nice. There's people that don't go to cap zones cause they know they're gonna bleed. Which is cringe, but this full time change will change that outcome.

Edited by Nex Nuestra

New Saucehttps://youtu.be/pRQGt824x84
OG ANZUS Member - LDRS PIC of TA - Petty Officer of Aviation, CGIS of KCCG - Rex Saurus - MSP Retired SWAT and CID
Triads Founder - Winter Hill Founder - Zephyr Family Founder - Nuestra Familia President - Nex Nuestra

Nuestra recruitment banner.png

2 hours ago, Isaak Red said:

genuine question, are you doing anything to protect yourself while doing runs?

Nah ima straight fuckin G i dont get robbed so no need to protect im looking out for the apples out here in these streets

• salute 1
2 hours ago, Doug Jumper said:

Don't do illegal runs. Illegal runs are meant to have risk to them because of the increased payout. CID can raid you, or other criminals can rob you. It makes sense to me. If you dont want to get robbed, just do legal runs, literally no one can touch you. There also a rule against camping a location, so that concern is void. If someone camps a location, report it

• Like 2

Hunter Kio - JTF Corporal - BORTAC

Staff Team Moderator 

PLEASE NOTE, THAT ANYTHING I SAY, UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE, IS MY OPINION AS A PLAYER AND NOT AS A STAFF MEMBER

Point Appeal | Ban Appeal | Support Decision Appeal

if you do an illegal run you should expect to be robbed by other gang/people tryna make money,  should just take it on the chin and go hunt em down and rob em back

• Like 1

thot.png.69d96cb287658b3cb8312cee53508bb4.png          

Tariq #1||Loves Vacations| Seagull                                                   

free.png.be886f5c8bc4a54c0069db7ae121147a.png

kicked from every spec ops😎

4 hours ago, Doug Jumper said:

You can only rob them doing illegal runs if there in a gang uni because half the time new people aren’t in a gang 

image.png.9b1bbce2309fa01a37b24246705081c5.png
    Conor Gambino | Gambino Crime Family Founder / Leader

5 hours ago, Doug Jumper said:

As one of the main groups robbing illegal runs this weekend I can say this is not a problem. Out of the maybe 10 we robbed over the weekend not a single person was a obviously new person. Everyone was a part of the established grinders / gangs. Could just implement a rule clarifying that you shouldn’t rob new people w a apple

• Like 1

Long Family 424 Seagulls HMT Castros 

CID, Homeland SecurityCoast Guard

Developer

Filip Long - CTRG SSgt

I don't play as criminal much, more just the normal citizen, so the rules that apply to me: I like Elk as Green zone, and I like that criminal stuff gets clean money. I do not like the no roleplay rules. Reasons. Always have fun on Anzus server. Doug is awesome.

Edited by Storm Munroe

would love to keep some it the good points were: 

1. All cop response numbers to major crimes, minor crimes, any situation are removed from the rules. It will be up to PD command to decide how/what they want with the idea of fairness in mind.
  2. No limit on groups, you can be in a group more than 8 during all initiations. (LEO AND CIV) we had like a 10 man fort knox the other day was good fun and to see gangs rolling about with these numbers it makes it more fun as police when your then having to get the entie force down and a situation goes from a simple pursuit into a all out brawl with like 3 cars filled with civ's
  3. Elk city will be made into a green zone. (Meaning no combat, robbing or anything at all) means its so much more chill people can spawn and vibe there with no issues
  4. the removal of dirty money being removed from minors but i think it make sense you would have to clean it after a major which is where that system could still be used
  5. reviving people you've killed this is amazing i loved it from the 3.0 days you can instantly cut down on the toxicity civs after killing you at a minor pick you up it just works

all in all i think this weekend has been very enjoyable and it would be good to see if we could add back these features and rules

9 hours ago, Chris Winters said:

Instead of having official gangs have a quota for majors. Lower that quota and make them to do some sort of security for runs. 

For runs that are owned by gangs, they should be protecting it and the people doing them seeming as they make money off it. 

+1 think this is an amazing idea