Click here to install our Arma 3 mods!
Texas: 0/150
Teamspeak: 0/150

Assault Rifle/Class 3 re-implementation discussion

Just now, Isaak said:

grinding isnt rp, grinding is just watching a progress bar, i know because I have done a lot of grinding over the past 2 weeks. 

handsomest progress bar rp'er 3PAh9Iq.png

• monkas 1
  • OMEGALUL 2

Ex-Special Operations Major

Florida State Police

Discord - Firewar#1302

1 minute ago, Ching Red said:

it's very easy to say this when you can buy all your guns from a sign for $200 a pop. 

Not sure what you're getting at. I'm not talking about cop perspective, and I'm not talking about price. I'm talking about how in 5.X, C3's and combat mentality was so prevalent that the RP/grind players weren't being left alone. They didn't go looking for combat, it came to them.

Wylie's argument of 'RP/grind players should just avoid combat lmao' holds no merit, as they weren't going looking for it in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

signaturenew2.png.35a0b07ea715b4380c8e1102138e73f2.png

4 hours ago, Dimitri Sokavski said:

Lets say each faction including urs have 30 class 3's, all gear up with 1 class 3 each. Thats maybe 5-7 class'3s devided by the people on at the time. U all decide to do a major and u loose that major. that means u have 23 class 3's left and then u all gear up again thats 16 class 3's left. My point is that if u dont win the situation ur gun is gone and those guns run out quick. There is no way u can fund ur whole gang/faction and sell ur guns to other people. Yes there is a lot of guns now but people get tired of crating. Some people want to have fun not just craft 

Bro I don't know how many times I have to say it... crafting isn't the only avenue to obtain class 3s... and your point about losing class 3s is more detrimental... maybe thats the point... so that we don't have a spam of major crime and people think out what they are doing.

regardless yes the guns go quick and their will be a heavy demand for class 3s, for the most part you'll have a way to get your class 3.

Che Guevara: CREED Owner , DBRT Command , BADR Commandant-(Chief Of Staff)

Jammal Murray: CG Deck Petty Officer, FTO, Personnel , MAA Senior Trooper , DSA PSA.

28 minutes ago, Seska said:

Not sure what you're getting at. I'm not talking about cop perspective, and I'm not talking about price. I'm talking about how in 5.X, C3's and combat mentality was so prevalent that the RP/grind players weren't being left alone. They didn't go looking for combat, it came to them.

Wylie's argument of 'RP/grind players should just avoid combat lmao' holds no merit, as they weren't going looking for it in the first place. 

There’s rules in place to stop it “coming to them” like no robbing legal runs, needing a proper roleplay reason to rob someone, etc. 

The problem is when roleplayers do illegal runs or delve into cartel related activities they get smoked and end up upset, but then again this isn’t a cops and farmers RP server. There’s factions and a whole array of content for gang members for a reason.

Daniel makes a good point that if you don’t want involved in any class 3 content, then keep doing your legal runs/staying in green zones.

THE REAL RYAN O'MALLEY 

Proud advocate for the return of Primitive

Sean-oMalley.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ryan O'Malley said:

There’s rules in place to stop it “coming to them” like no robbing legal runs, needing a proper roleplay reason to rob someone, etc. 

The problem is when roleplayers do illegal runs or delve into cartel related activities they get smoked and end up upset, but then again this isn’t a cops and farmers RP server. There’s factions and a whole array of content for gang members for a reason.

Daniel makes a good point that if you don’t want involved in any class 3 content, then keep doing your legal runs/staying in green zones.

Rules don't mean it doesn't still happen, as we saw in 5.X, and given our policies around comp, people often didn't get what they'd lost back, even if the rulebreaker received points. By the time the player has gone to support, their session is already ruined.  

Neither of those restrictions solve the underlying issue, nor are they practical for ANZUS.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Scotty Grahner said:

And.. guns being expensive and robbing cops being a way to arm your gang members for majors, zones, etc cost effectively sounds like solid enough RP reason.

No thanks.

Not gunna have a 30-min cop RP investigation ruined by some chucklefuck who just wants a Class 3 so he can run to a cap zone.

• Dislike 1
  • HYPERCLAP 1

On 1/15/2023 at 3:21 PM, Doug Jumper said:

I feel like auction house defeats the purpose of roleplay and people are just roleplaying with a sign. What are your thoughts given that statement?

Maybe an illegal Twitter you can access at rebel/other areas where people could post ads for a price. Even better if it's a separate location that dtu can get Intel from. A Weedmaps but for gun buyers could be nice as well

5 hours ago, Seska said:

Rules don't mean it doesn't still happen, as we saw in 5.X, and given our policies around comp, people often didn't get what they'd lost back, even if the rulebreaker received points. By the time the player has gone to support, their session is already ruined.  

Neither of those restrictions solve the underlying issue, nor are they practical for ANZUS.

Rules are going to be broken, it’s unrealistic to think otherwise. That’s why there’s a staff team, points and comp system in place.

By the sounds of it you have a problem with the report and comp system, and are implying easier access (than option 1 or 2) to class 3s will be the cause of that. 

do what all the rest of the players do, enjoy the server for all it has; whether it’s role playing, runs, gunfights etc and record at all times so you’re covered.

• Facepalm 1

THE REAL RYAN O'MALLEY 

Sean-oMalley.jpg

• Founder
18 minutes ago, Ryan O'Malley said:

Rules are going to be broken, it’s unrealistic to think otherwise. That’s why there’s a staff team, points and comp system in place.

By the sounds of it you have a problem with the report and comp system, and are implying easier access (than option 1 or 2) to class 3s will be the cause of that. 

do what all the rest of the players do, enjoy the server for all it has; whether it’s role playing, runs, gunfights etc and record at all times so you’re covered.

This is completely silly, rules should only be accidentally broken. Most players are 18+ following the rules is easy as long as you don't have an ADHD breakdown you can follow them.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Doug Jumper said:

This is completely silly, rules should only be accidentally broken. Most players are 18+ following the rules is easy as long as you don't have an ADHD breakdown you can follow them.

I agree, that’s my point. 99% of players can follow them so seska’s point of class 3s potentially leading to roleplayers getting their situations ruined (rulebreaks) is void

by no means was I saying rule breaking should become a norm. I only meant that being realistic it’s going to happen from time to time

THE REAL RYAN O'MALLEY 

Sean-oMalley.jpg

After using the class 2s for a few hours, at the current prices it’s just not feesable to do major crimes. The risk vs reward is just not there for it to be worth it. 

• Like 1

REFORMED COMMUNITY MEMBER-666/VEGA COMMAND-CASTRO COMMANDSWAT MAN- LEE FAMILY OG 

Glad class 2s have been reintroduced. Had a lot more fun already.

Pricing is the only issue although I know there is plans to bring the price down to meet the economy.

ideal situation would be:

- cheapest class 2 at 5k, scale from there.

- cheapest class 3 at 10k, scale from there.

roughly double the price of 3.0 prices, A good compromise between those wanting 3k class 3s and 20k class 3s.

• Like 1

THE REAL RYAN O'MALLEY 

Sean-oMalley.jpg